Ham Radio Deluxe – Yaesu FT-991 settings

Ham Radio Deluxe – Yaesu FT-991 settings

Anyone using HRD with your FT-991?
When I go to new set up under Yaesu they do not have FT-991,  so what does use, or is there an update for this program?

The newer versions have it. I'm using 6.3.0.429 which has it. It does not have all the menu options or C4FM as a mode however.

just want to let you folks know that the FT-991 does not require any interface devices to work digital modes.
The built in USB port combined with the Yeasu USB port drivers works directly with your PC.

You must install the Yeasu USB drivers first.
Connect the USB cable and 2 com ports are created
Select the enhanced com port for the Cat Control

There will be on new USB Audio Codec installed - this provides the mic input and speaker output for the Digital modes.

In HRD software. (thanks to Chuck Martin, ko1i )

Use 38400, 8,2,N and for flow control I have RTS enabled (default) on the FT-991 menu and I checked the box for RTS on the HRD setup screen (it did not work until I set up the correct RTS mode).


Yaesu FT-991 settings Property of COM-port
- Use the Enhanced COM Port

FT-991 Menu;
Menu
- 031 CAT RATE – 38400bp





http://hb-konsult.no/FT-991/HamRadioDeLux_settngs.pdf

2 comments:

  1. According information above I got strange situation: Even I set USB port speed to 38400bps on 991, I am not able to get connection between radio and (WIN7) PC. If I use 4800bps speed on HDR I get connection but frequency information is wrong! My transceiver is on 14.25600 MHz but HDR says that frequency is 113.822.280. If I use Terminal program using 38400bps and command FA; I get correct frequency information! Ft-991 firmwares are: Main V02-10, DSP V01-05, TFT V02-01 and C4FM v02-10. Any ideas what might cause this problem? HDR version is 5.24.0.38. 73 de Pena OH7QT

    ReplyDelete
  2. En LOCALHOST que se pone?? No.lo puedo conectar??
    Gracias

    ReplyDelete

.
Comments may take a day to show up

Yaesu FT-991(A) Users Group (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/Yaesu-FT-991

www.FT991a.com
www.FTDX10.com
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.