Yaesu-FT-991 Re: The Meter set to PO - Power Out

I am new to the FT-991 and I just tried to checkin to an HF net on 40 meters.

I was able to do so, however, I was way down in the noise and it was very difficult to check in - I had to give my call 4-5 times before net control could copy it.

I started checking my system for anything that could be an issue - I'm using an end fed resonant antenna and I'm able to tune it up using the internal tuner just fine.

I noticed, however, when I key up, and the Meter is in [PO], I don't register anything on the meter - nothing. Is this normal? My RF Power is set to 100, it seems like it should register something. 


This is exactly what happened to mine.  The lower band you go to the less power output.  I sent it in, they replaced the finals and upgraded to the latest firmware.  It has worked fine ever since.  The problem didn't show up until after a couple of months of use.  I am completely happy with the rig.  No regrets.  
Tim, KB9FBI

All the comments on the FT 991 make me wonder what the problem is. Has Yaesu ever said they had a design problem ? As I said over the years I have had the FT 1000, 2000, 450, 995,1200, 3000, 5000 MP and now the FT 991. Never had a bit of trouble including the white lines,etc on the FT 5000. Thus far my FT 991 works like a champ. Guess I should keep my fingers crossed !!!! Boyd, W0BUW

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read all the replies but this looks like the standard blown finals issue. Along with the ATU fault Yaesu should be getting pretty good at fixing these now.

    ReplyDelete

.
Comments may take a day to show up

Yaesu FT-991(A) Users Group (groups.io)
https://groups.io/g/Yaesu-FT-991

www.FT991a.com
www.FTDX10.com
.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.